Friday, February 24, 2006

PondMarket (R) 2006 Pond Survey Results

Do you....
already have a pond? 96%
plan on building a pond this year? 2%
thinking about building a pond at some point in the future? 2%

What aspects of ponds are most important
Waterfall 15%
Fountain 5%
Fish 19%
Plants 18%
Sound of moving/falling water 18%
Serenity and beauty of the waterfeature 15%
Wildlife habitat the pond provides 10%
Other 0%
None of the above 0%

What are your plans for the pond this year (check all that apply)
Make it bigger 5%
Add better filtration 12%
Replace pump with bigger or better 8%
Add some fish 12%
Add plants 26%
Add Ultra Violet Clarification 3%
Start a new pond from scratch in addition to the one I have 7%
Other changes not listed here 12%
No changes planned this year 12%
I do not have a pond yet 1%

Ultra Violet Clarification:
Already own it 34%
Plan on adding this year 19%
Do not need it, pond is always crystal clear 14%
Do not know what that is 22%

Beneficial Bacteria (Microbe-Lift, Aqua One):
I use it religiously to keep pond bottom cleaner and fish healthy 47%
I do not use it 23%
Never heard of it, what is it? ) 27% 

PondMarket print Catalog
I already signed up for it 39%
I am going to pondmarket.com right now to request my free copy 37%
I shop online, do not need a print catalog 22%
I never buy a thing for my pond 2%

pondmarket.com
I visit pondmarket.com at least once a month during the season 30%
I visit pondmarket.com whenever I need pond information or product 66%
I have never visited pondmarket.com 4%

What do you find most helpful at pondmarket.com (check all that apply)
Free Water Gardening e-books 12%
Free Water Gardening newsletter 20%
Pond Information Pages 20%
Picture Gallery of Ponds for inspiration 14%
The new Pond Blog (posts answers to pond questions) 8%
Online catalog 12%
All of the above 14%
None of the above 1%

What other features would you like to see at pondmarket.com
Downloadable catalog to print on your printer 15%
Auctions for discontinued, dented, left-over items 33%
Clothing and accessories with pond themes 15%
Chats with pond experts 34%
Other (send email to survey at pondmarket.com with ideas) 3%


PondMarket Newsletter
I prefer to continue receiving it in text only format 41%
I would rather receive it in html (magazine like) format 59%

How often would you like to receive the email newsletter
Once a week 22%
Every two weeks 27%
Once a month 47%
More often than once a week 2%
Less often than once a month 3%

Pondmarket.com online store/catalog (check all that apply)
It is easy to find products in the online catalog 64%
It is difficult to find products in the online store 4%
The online store at pondmarket.com has the most products for ponds I have ever seen 14%
The online store at pondmarket.com does not have enough products 5%
I will send suggestions for making the store better to catalog@pondmarket.com 2%
I have never visited the online store 11%

Your pond.... (check all that apply)
is the most important thing in your yard/garden 48%
is just one of the landscape items in your yard, nothing special 7%
is a family project and gathering place 28%
is your hobby alone, the rest of the family doesn't care 17%

PondMarket.....
makes every effort to provide everything needed for garden ponds 98%
gets carried away....too much information and stuff 2%

No comments:

Post a Comment