Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Ice over the Fish Pond

Looking out into my backyard today I saw the ice over the fish pond.
Luckily the Air Pump was already in the Pond because I've been so busy with the holidays that I forgot to put the De-Icer in.

That Air Pump provides oxygen for my fish and keeps a hole in the ice to allow all the gases from fish waste and organic matter to escape.
It's a comforting feeling knowing that my Fish are breathing easy under the ice because of that Air Pump.

When I get a chance I plan on putting the De-Icer in the Pond just to be on the safe side. It's very important to keep a hole in the ice so the gases from the fish waste and decomposing organic matter don't build up.
Those gases can kill your Pond Fish!

Pond Fish are just like people. I know that if I was trapped in a room with waste, decomposing organic matter, and no ventilation that I wouldn't last too long either.


Once I have the De-Icer in the Fish Pond along with the Air Pump I know that my Pond Fish will be comfortable this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment